World Space UV in a Scaled & Panned UV

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gekigengar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello, I am working on a simple water shader, combining the same scrolling normal with 2 different size.

The water plane will be following the camera, thus I need the .
However, I don't know how to implement this correctly..

This is the current nodes I have of the shader.

I hope I can get this to work soon :c
Thank you!
nuFF3

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm

I made a tutorial with these principles in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIt5cVwpPY8
I should probably make a separate tutorial on the individual components, like world space UV, custom panner, etc.

Basically what you'd want is to isolate the X and Z axis from the world position node, and then scale them.
To enlarge a texture, one must divide the UV values.
For tiling, one must multiply the UV values.
gekigengar

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 4:27 am

Return to “Questions”